AdSense Mobile Ad

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Leonids above the woods of the Sierra of Guadarrama

Yesterday I took my girlfriend home after a relaxing dinner with some of our friends. She lives in a town between Madrid and Segovia and we usually drive through the Guadarrama mountain pass, from which you can admire both the lights of Madrid and the woods and the darkness which open the way to Segovia.

When I was back on the road, returning to Madrid, as soon as I passed by the Alto del León, I was captured by the beauty of the night: the lights of Madrid were far away, the snake of lampposts of the A6 was creeping into the woods below a dark sky filled with stars and an already small but brilliant decrescing moon. I don't know why, but it all were so clear that I thought about the famous 2001: A space Odessy scene of Paul Bowman entering the gate in his pod and exclaiming: "Oh my God, it's full of stars."

I stopped the car and smoked a cigarette, while Leonids started dancing in the sky.

No comments: