AdSense Mobile Ad

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Silence in Valdemoro

I was going to shut my workstation down. I took my headset off and I lit a cigarette when I realized how deep it's the silence, tonight. Windows are open because I use to smoke in this room. Tonight, moreover, the temperature is mild and I'm enjoying a fresh breeze in the face. Dogs are barking, probably at the latecomers arriving at some new year's dinner in a house in the neighborhoods. I can also hear the sound of the leafs in the trees behind my house. The few crackling leaves that winter has yet to rip off the branches. I think it's the first time I hear them since I live here in Valdemoro. Sometimes the silence is broken by a sudden explosion. Probably some kid who's already bored of the dinner with its parents. Child, you'll miss it, sometimes. The quiet sound of my workstation seems unnatural, now, and the monitor is gleaming too much, tonight.

It's time to shut it down.

No comments: