AdSense Mobile Ad

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sun xVM VirtualBox 3.0.0 has been released

Oh yes, a brand new major version. Sun xVM VirtualBox v. 3.0.0 has just been released. Here's the changelog, as usual.

Great features has been introduced:
  • Guest SMP support. Oh yes: guest SMP support (up to 32 CPUs)!
  • Experimental Direct3D 8/9 support for Windows guests
  • OpenGL 2.0 support for Solaris, Linux and Windows guest.
The feature I was interested in was guest SMP support. I admit I'm not running critical tasks here in my laptop but I do have some use cases that would greatly benefit from it: I'm running Windows guests for .NET development using Visual Studio 2008 and yes, there, you can see the difference.

Configuration is just as easy as this:


So download it and enjoy!

No comments: