AdSense Mobile Ad

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A trip to Monkey Island with your iPhone

Yes. How many night did you spent in front of a monitor, playing with Guybrush, in Monkey Island? I confess I grew fond of that series of game. Yesterday, with great surprise, I opened the App Store just to see that the number one application in the Top 25 list was LucasArts' The secret of Monkey Island.

I was just (well, still...) a teenager at the beginning of the 90's when I used to play at The secret of Monkey Island at my PC. It was so different a game. I really got caught up. Because of Monkey Island I started playing adventure games. Only adventure games. The Monkey Island series, the Indiana Jones series (although earlier), The dig, Grim Fandango.

I mean, I really, really miss those adventure games. I grew up with the golden man logo of LucasArts. A game, was LucasArts'. Period. I never got used to play a shoot'em all game. Well, maybe just a couple of games from LucasArts' Jedi series. Not even now can I sit and play those games. Not even to just admire their incredible graphics effects and their incredibly realistic 3D engines. I just get bored.

Whilst the story and the magic of Monkey Island always kept me awake so many nights. I'm now buying the game, to feel a little of that magic, almost 20 years later.

No comments: